Controlled by Committee on Law and Government
Amending Chapter 9-1100 of The Philadelphia Code, entitled "Fair Practices," by changing the title to "Fair Practices Ordinance: Protections Against Unlawful Discrimination," by replacing "handicap" with disability as a protected status, by adding domestic or sexual violence victim status, familial status, and genetic information to the prohibited bases for discrimination; by amending the definition of discrimination, employer, life partnership, public accommodation and other terms, and by adding or deleting other definitions; by narrowing certain exemptions with respect to employment prefere
Read the full Bill: CertifiedCopy11005001.pdf
- (minutes) Feb. 3, 2011: Introduced and Referred to the Committee on Law and Government by CITY COUNCIL
- Feb. 24, 2011: HEARING NOTICES SENT by Committee on Law and Government
- HEARING HELD by Committee on Law and Government
- REPORTED FAVORABLY, RULE SUSPENSION REQUESTED by Committee on Law and Government
- AMENDED by Committee on Law and Government
- (minutes) March 3, 2011: ORDERED PLACED ON NEXT WEEK`S SECOND READING CALENDAR by CITY COUNCIL
- ORDERED PLACED ON THIS DAY`S FIRST READING CALENDAR by CITY COUNCIL
- SUSPEND THE RULES OF THE COUNCIL by CITY COUNCIL
- (minutes) March 10, 2011: READ by CITY COUNCIL
- PASSED by CITY COUNCIL
- March 23, 2011: SIGNED by MAYOR
Legislation that mentions this bill
- COMMUNICATION 110239: Transmitting a message advising Council that Bill Nos. 100677, 110050, 110051, 110053, 110060 and 11...
Locations mentioned in this bill
What's your opinion?
Log in to comment on the legislation.