REALTY USE AND OCCUPANCY TAX
Controlled by Committee on Finance
Amending Section 19-1806 of The Philadelphia Code, entitled "Authorization of Realty Use and Occupancy Tax," by tolling interest, penalties and costs when the assessed value of taxable property is under appeal; limiting what the Department can bill for tax years under appeal; and requiring for the tax year under appeal payment of an amount at least equal to the prior year's tax; all under certain terms and conditions.
Read the full Bill: CertifiedCopy13059201.pdf
- Sept. 12, 2013: Introduced and Referred to the Committee on Finance by CITY COUNCIL
- Oct. 4, 2013: HEARING NOTICES SENT by Committee on Finance
- REPORTED FAVORABLY, RULE SUSPENSION REQUESTED by Committee on Finance
- AMENDED by Committee on Finance
- HEARING HELD by Committee on Finance
- Oct. 10, 2013: SUSPEND THE RULES OF THE COUNCIL by CITY COUNCIL
- ORDERED PLACED ON THIS DAY`S FIRST READING CALENDAR by CITY COUNCIL
- ORDERED PLACED ON NEXT WEEK`S SECOND READING CALENDAR by CITY COUNCIL
- Oct. 17, 2013: READ AND PASSED by CITY COUNCIL
- Oct. 31, 2013: NO ACTION TAKEN by MAYOR
Legislation that mentions this bill
- COMMUNICATION 130832: October 30, 2013 TO THE PRESIDENT AND MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF PHILADELPHIA: ...
What's your opinion?
Log in to comment on the legislation.