Controlled by Committee on Commerce & Economic Development
Calling on the Philadelphia Workforce Development Corporation to conduct a needs assessment of training opportunities within the Building and Construction Trades, particularly to improve minority and female employment participation through PWDC financial support of initiatives such as the Diversity Apprenticeship Program, and authorizing City Council's Committee on Commerce and Economic Development to hold hearings into the state of training opportunities for minorities and women in Philadelphia's Building and Construction Trades.
Read the full Resolution: Resolution No. 03003800.pdf
- Jan. 28, 2003: READ by CITY COUNCIL
- ADOPTED & REFERRED to the Committee on Commerce & Economic Development by CITY COUNCIL
- Introduced by CITY COUNCIL
- Feb. 27, 2003: HEARING HELD by Committee on Commerce & Economic Development
- HEARING NOTICES SENT by Committee on Commerce & Economic Development
- RECESSED by Committee on Commerce & Economic Development Notes: Tabled until 3/13/03 @ 3:30 P.M.
- March 13, 2003: HEARING HELD by Committee on Commerce & Economic Development
- RECESSED by Committee on Commerce & Economic Development Notes: Tabled until the call of the chair.
- April 23, 2003: REPORTED FAVORABLY by Committee on Commerce & Economic Development
- HEARING HELD by Committee on Commerce & Economic Development
- April 25, 2003: FAVORABLY RECOMMENDED; CONSIDERATION AT END OF CALENDAR by CITY COUNCIL
- ADOPTED by CITY COUNCIL
What's your opinion?
Log in to comment on the legislation.
Last action: April 25, 2003
- Councilmember Ortiz
- Councilmember Longstreth
- Councilmember Krajewski
- Council President Verna
- Councilmember DiCicco
- Councilmember Cohen
- Councilmember Nutter
- Councilmember Mariano
- Councilmember Goode
- Councilmember Tasco
- Councilmember Rizzo
- Councilmember Miller
- Councilmember Kenney
- Councilmember O'Neill
- Councilmember Reynolds Brown
- Council President Clarke